£upto 70k – Wants to see people if 75-80k
On site 5 days per week.
Fail when it comes to essential skills for Diana’s team- must have most essential skills.
Finance background advantageous... but not essential
DXC - UNIX Senior Support Engineer
GBR - ENG - LONDON
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the UNIX support team of one of our banking sector clients. This senior level Unix Engineer will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic team involved exclusively in the support and troubleshooting of UNIX technology and associated applications within the client’s environment. Recent experience of supporting IT in the financial sector would be beneficial.
General Experience :
- 5+ years working in a support role in UNIX/Linux
- Solid technical background supporting large-scale Unix Server environments
- Ability to mentor technical staff and partners to troubleshoot complex server environments and situations
- Experience in a highly visible role providing support and troubleshooting services on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business partners
- Solaris and Linux System Administration
- Comprehensive and demonstratable UNIX/Linux troubleshooting ability
Technical Experience :
- Red Hat Linux ( versions 5.x-8.x) System Administration
- Solaris (versions 10.x-11.x) System Administration
- Working knowledge of SRDF & STAR storage replication
- Clustering (Veritas VCS, RedHat Resilient Storage GFS2)
- Storage and Filesystems (VXFS, ZFS, EXT3, EXT4, XFS, UFS, SVM)
- Volume Managers (VXVM, LVM)
- Cyberark and SCCM compliant support for CI’s.
- UNIX/Linux auditing and logging systems
- LDAP configuration Server/Client
- UNIX/Linux Software Patching
- Virtualization (VMware, Solaris Zones and Containers)
- EMC SAN Storage
- Scripting (Shell, Python, Perl, Ansible YAML)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible or CFEngine)
- Familiarity with AIX (version 7)
Please, note that travels to the office in will be required.
The ideal candidate will need to be eligible for certain clearances.
- Benefit package consisting of private medical insurance, gym membership discounts, pension scheme, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Continuous learning opportunities