Role Type - Permanent
location - UK Wide Fully Remote
Salary - Up to £75,000
Our client who are one of the leading Global IT Solutions Companies, are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with experience within the Insurance Domain to their expanding team. The role is fully remote, UK wide, permanent & comes with a salary of up to £75,000 along with a robust benefits package.
The Senior Business Analyst is primarily responsible for producing high quality functional specifications for software changes required within our London Market Wholesale Broking products whilst taking into account existing functionality in the software products to ensure consistency and cohesion in the final solution. This role is home based but involves working with customers and user groups which may require travel to customer sites. The role needs to ensure that the required solution is delivered through effective communication with the development and test teams throughout the software development life cycle.
This role will also involve working on our next generation Assure for Broking system. This system will be the upgrade path for our existing products and the role will require working with this team to help ensure that it has the required functionality that London market brokers require to administer and process their business. As customers implement, there will be a requirement to work with the implementation team helping to configure products, working with the data migration team and provide training.
- Significant Insurance domain knowledge of the London Insurance Wholesale processes covering Policy, Claims and Technical Accounting.
- An understanding of messaging flows to and from broking systems within the London market.
- Experience of working within or with a General Insurance software vendor or Insurance Broker/Underwriter to provide functional direction and definition for new products, modules or features as part of an insurance product implementation.
- Practical working knowledge of at least one computer-based Insurance Broking system.
- Accomplished presentation/demonstration skills.
- Confidence to manage customer expectations and steer specification / review process through tight timelines; being comfortable in the ‘frontline’ of challenging client issues, preferably with extensive onsite experience.
- Self-motivated and displays high energy levels to solve problems & find innovative solutions.
- Experience of one of DXC’s existing Broking products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend complex requirements, playback to the business in plain English, and translate forward towards technical specifications.
- Ability to plan, design and recommend business processes to improve and support business activities.
- Flexible approach and able to adapt to changing priorities e.g. travel at short notice, attend and host meetings at unsociable hours.
- Insurance Industry qualification. e.g. A.C.I.I.
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing insurance/reinsurance software packages and an appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Knowledge and experience of analysis techniques, ideally of using a formal analysis methodology in the building of solutions. (Some knowledge of analysing relational data would be beneficial.)
- A high level of attention to detail with strong documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to Travel
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports and advises stakeholders on limitations and opportunities for customer solutions based on knowledge of the product set
- Facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment for the building and updating of business and functional documents according to customer specifications
- Intermediary between Customer and internal development, testing and support teams
- Leads and participates in internal quality reviews of solution design
- Assists in design, development, review and execution of system test scripts
- Supports the process of transitioning projects into support
- Assists Support Teams as/when required