Title - Technical Lead Developer
Location - Fully Remote (UK Wide)
Salary - Up to £90,000
- Leads teams to design, develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Leads and / or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to other team members. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Keeps up to date with the latest industry trends, models and standards.
- Participates as a member of and leads development teams.
- Wide development exposure to multiple front and back end languages and technologies
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to developers.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Designs solutions for others.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Independently implements end user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Microservice design (desirable).
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- 8 or more years’ experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Java, Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Experience of modern programing languages such as (and not limited to) Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Java and PowerShell.
- Familiar with web security principles, such as OSI Levels 5, 6 and 7.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal and Virtual hosting (desirable).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles including Agile.
- Experience delivering secure and scalable microservices (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of modem software design and development methodologies & frameworks (e.g. Agile/Scrum)
- Advanced understanding of Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, TFS or equivalent using CI/CD pipelines
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, such as taking advantage of TDD
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g. Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- Experience of using Design Patterns.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates technical leadership skills.
If interested, please apply for further information.