Are you an aspiring Infrastructure Engineer?
Are you looking for your next employment opportunity?
Do you have exposure to VMware?
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Our client, a leading PACS provider, is currently searching for a junior Infrastructure Engineer to join their Infrastructure team. This Engineer will work in a fast paced environment and be on site at their Basingstoke office. This Engineer will also have the ability to travel across the UK to access customer sites to diagnose and resolve hardware issues. This Engineer will work closely with the senior Infrastructure Engineer’s to continually learn new and best practises / expand on their skill set.
Responsibilities for the Junior Infrastructure Engineer will include (but are not limited to):
• Install and configure software on servers and workstations as required
• Support and maintain the company communication systems and other infrastructure resources
• Document architecture, this involves logging into each server and performing regular health checks
• Monitor and update backup and failover systems
• Assist other team members with technical support work as required
• Building servers & assisting with daily checks / backups to ensure servers running efficiently
Skills required for the Junior Infrastructure Engineer include (but are not limited to):
• Windows server installation experience
• Familiarity / exposure with VMware
• Experience with Dell hardware
• Knowledge of Windows patching & an understanding of networking concepts
If you are looking for a new role and have the relevant skills mentioned, please do not hesitate to apply. Excelerate look forward to processing your application.