Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer?
Are you currently looking for your next employment opportunity?
Are you passionate about building & supporting infrastructure to deliver web-based applications?
Our client, a large scale national retailer is urgently looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer to work alongside a small team of Engineers at their head office. This person will play a key role in maintaining /improving and monitoring of the infrastructure to assist the development team. They will do this by ensuring platforms remain efficient and by delivering feature updates and web-based application. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the design, build and operation of cloud infrastructure to permit dependable deployment of micro-services.
Responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer will include (but are not limited to):
• Work closely with colleagues in the site Reliability Engineering team to improve visibility across my client’s platforms, integrations, and micro- services.
• Be responsible for troubleshooting platforms or integration issues across cloud environments and web applications.
• Contribute to increasing security across web, infrastructure and cloud platforms.
• Respond to platform or services outages, communicating impact and providing initial cause analysis and mitigation options moving forward.
• Identify opportunities to improve automation for code deployment.
Skills required for the DevOps Engineer include (but are not limited to):
• Scripting knowledge in Python, PowerShell, Bash or similar.
• Working experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
• Monitoring and building experience / troubleshooting APIs and micro-services.
• Analytical & problem solving skills.
• Working experience with infrastructure as code approach.
If you’re interested and available with a relevant background please don’t hesitate to apply. Excelerate look forward to processing your application.