Are you passionate about supporting IT Infrastructure?
Do you have two years experience working in a support environment?
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
Our client, a leading medical technology provider, is currently searching for an Application support Engineer to support the back end IT systems of specialist hospital equipment. These critical machines run on a range of Windows/Linux operating systems across complex networks, and we require someone with technical support experience to assist in the support of this diverse range of technology!
Responsibilities for the Application Support Engineer will include (but are not limited to):
• Responsible for managing and escalating incidents & requests appropriately as per support procedures
• Work alongside other support staff to complete tickets in a timely manner
• Produce and maintain support documentation
• Supporting customers PACS equipment and the PACS application set
Skills required for the Application Support Engineer include (but are not limited to):
• Previous experience working in a support environment / troubleshooting
• Understanding of ITIL and the technical support environment
• Good knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
• Database knowledge (SQL, Sybase)
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Passion for IT, the opportunity to learn new technologies is vast in this position and we are looking for someone who is keen to learn!
If you are looking for a new role and have the relevant skills mentioned, please do not hesitate to apply. Excelerate look forward to processing your application.