Are you a Support Engineer looking for your next employment opportunity?
Do you have a good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration?
Are you familiar with DHCP, DNS, NAT as well as Firewall Routing and policies?
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Our client, a leading food’s provider in the UK, is currently searching for an experienced 2nd line support Engineer to work alongside the systems development manager. This Engineer will be responsible for assisting in PC builds, fault diagnosis, maintaining infrastructure and domain level support. Responsibilities also include handling all IT support calls / emails from the team and assisting with all second line technical support to the business daily. This Engineer will require a driving license due to the business holding 3 sites across the South East.
Responsibilities for the 2nd Line IT Support Engineer will include (but are not limited to):
• Support the IT functions of the business in order to deliver a secure and stable IT infrastructure
• Develop and maintain internal SLA in relation to the internal IT service.
• Take responsibility of problems and ensure that they are resolved in accordance with internal resolution SLA.
• Effectively manage and build upon relationships with the business’ staff who contact for IT assistance
• Ensure all staff have a working understanding of the systems they are using
• Provide second line technical support to the business
• Provide day to day maintenance of server and network infrastructure
• Overall management of the support helpdesk.
• Manage upcoming project work with multiple competing day to day demands
Skills required for the 2nd Line IT Support Engineer include (but are not limited to):
• 2nd line / helpdesk support experience
• Good understanding of domain level infrastructure and services (Windows Server, AD, RDS, WFS, DC Management)
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Understanding of Microsoft Office (2010,2016), Windows 7/10, Android and IOS
• Solid understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
• Good understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting. (DHCP, DNS, NAT, Firewall Routing and policies)
If you have a relevant background and are available please don’t hesitate to apply.